Myanmar Military News Updates – Aug 24, 2025 Evening
๐ฉ๐ฉ 1. Three children injured after the military bombs Waso Monastery in Kyaukme Township
August 25
Local sources report that the Myanmar military carried out an airstrike on the Waso Monastery in Kyaukme Township, Northern Shan State—an area under the control of the Ta’ang National Liberation Army (TNLA)—injuring three children.
At around 11 a.m. today, August 25, a military attack aircraft bombed the Waso Monastery near Peinne Kone Village, close to Kyaukme town. According to Shwe Phi Myay, which shares local news updates, a military jet dropped two 250-pound bombs near the Waso Monastery area in Peinne Kone Village, on the outskirts of Kyaukme.
Because many residents had already fled to avoid the fighting, there were no civilian fatalities; however, nearly 20 houses were damaged by the bombing, locals said.
It is also reported that, due to ongoing heavy clashes between the junta’s forces and the TNLA in Naung Pain Village within Kyaukme Township, residents of Kyaukme town are themselves now displaced and sheltering from the fighting.
========================
๐ฉ๐ฉ 2. In Myitkyina, a 13-year-old 5th-grade schoolgirl killed and two women injured by an artillery shell fired by the military
August 25
In Myitkyina, Kachin State, an artillery shell fired from Northern Command landed and exploded, killing a 13-year-old 5th-grade schoolgirl, Ma Yu Sinza Khine (also known as Chit Su Ma), and injuring two women, according to local sources.
At about 6:30 p.m. yesterday, August 24, a shell fired from Northern Command landed and exploded in Yampu Ward of Myitkyina while Ma Yu Sinza Khine was studying, causing her death. Two women were injured.
The Myo Hset Thit Social Rescue Association also confirmed that the shell struck in front of the home of Ko Naing Soe, near the U Pain Bridge in Sector 12 of Yampu Ward, and that rescue assistance was carried out.
From the blast, 13-year-old Ma Yu Sinza Khine (a.k.a. Chit Su Ma) was hit by shell fragments; her left chest was torn open and she died on the spot. A 20-year-old woman, Ma Zin Min, sustained shrapnel wounds to her thigh, shin and the area behind her ear, while 65-year-old Daw Ngwe had a fragment lodge beneath her forearm. She was sent to the 300-bed hospital for treatment and is receiving medical care.
Residents said the explosion damaged houses, motorbikes and other valuable property. They added that the military units based in Myitkyina frequently fire artillery across the river toward villages in Waingmaw Township. Records also show that in April this year, an artillery shell fired by the military landed and exploded inside the Malikha staff housing complex in Myitkyina, causing casualties.
========================
๐ฉ๐ฉ 3. “Uni Kone” Guerrilla Force captures a soldier who had issued challenges via Telegram
August 25
The Uni Kone Guerrilla Force announced that it has captured a soldier who had been posting online challenges to revolutionary forces via Telegram.
In a statement issued last night, August 24, the group said it captured alive a soldier from the Mingun Police Station area in Sagaing City.
They identified the detainee as Corporal Ye Naing Lin of the Signals and Engineering unit under Light Infantry Division 33, who was apprehended while he was out buying betel quid. No weapon was seized, but two mobile phones were confiscated.
According to the group, messages were found on the phones in which the “Uni Kone” Telegram channel had been challenged, as well as challenge texts posted in a chat box under the name “Angel of Death.”
The Uni Kone Guerrilla Force stated that the captured soldier is being further interrogated and that appropriate action will be taken as necessary.
========================
๐ฉ๐ฉ 4. At least 20 junta soldiers killed in Thabyut Chaung battle, one military truck carrying weapons destroyed
August 25
The Duraka Column announced that in the battle at Thabyut Chaung Village, Dawei Township, Tanintharyi Region, at least 20 junta soldiers were killed and a military truck carrying weapons was set ablaze and destroyed.
The clash began around 5 a.m. on August 21, when revolutionary forces launched a third attack on junta troops stationed at Thabyut Chaung Village. Intense fighting followed with heavy exchanges of fire and continued for about 12 hours.
According to the statement, more than 20 junta soldiers were killed and many others were injured.
After the battle, resistance forces seized two MA-1 rifles, 12 magazines, five Inaga grenades, five hand grenades, and related military equipment.
The attack was jointly carried out by the Duraka Column of the Dawei National Liberation Army (DNLA), the Dawei People’s Liberation Front (TPLF), Eden Moo, Kala Thitsa (Black Tiger), B-Lone Guerrilla Force, Daung Column 7, and the Dawei Eastern Forest Force (DEF).
The DNLA reported that one of its fighters was martyred with honor and three others were injured in the operation.
It is further reported that the junta column at Thabyut Chaung Village has not yet advanced but is currently deploying reconnaissance drones and conducting patrols.
The Duraka Column also urged the public to remain cautious in their movements, as the military has been escalating operations nationwide and could launch sudden airstrikes at any time. They called on civilians to follow air defense safety instructions.
In addition, the Duraka Column appealed to soldiers and police officers who wish to stand on the side of truth and the people to defect quickly and seek refuge among the people.
========================
๐ฉ๐ฉ 5. Nine civilians executed and more than 430 houses destroyed as junta forces and Pyu Saw Htee militias torch villages in Kanbalu Township
August 25
Resistance forces reported that in Kanbalu Township, Sagaing Region, nine civilians were brutally killed and over 430 houses were destroyed in arson attacks carried out by junta troops and Pyu Saw Htee militias during operations this August.
From August 16 to 20, more than 200 junta soldiers and Pyu militias launched raids into Kanbalu Township, torching six villages: Ywarma Ywarthit, Htain Taw, Inga Daung, Tharyar Ta, Kaing Yoe, and Kyepin Aet.
As a result of the military’s arson campaign, 430 civilian homes and four school buildings were destroyed, while nine civilians were captured and burned alive, according to a statement released on the evening of August 24 by the Kyonhla-Kanbalu Activist Group.
On August 21, the same junta–Pyu column moved from Kyepin Aet Village into Ngapyawtaing Ywarthit camp, then proceeded toward Pe Gyi Village and, the following day, entered Yamane Pyu camp.
On August 23, the column advanced toward Bu Kone Village, where clashes with resistance forces broke out. During the encounter, junta troops fired at a passing fuel truck in an attempt to set it ablaze. Although the truck itself was not hit, two innocent drivers were struck and killed.
Yesterday, August 24, the junta–Pyu forces raided Kyekyin Village, burning down nearly the entire settlement. They also dropped explosives from drones on areas surrounding the village, forcing residents of nearby communities to flee for safety.
This news was reported by Radio NUG correspondent Ko Khant.
#SpringRevolution
No comments:
Post a Comment